My Aussie Dukkah celebrates Indigenous flavours and I’m not one to shy away from loads of flavour in my dishes. This Aussie Dukkah recipe is just that, a flavour punch! You can utilise in the beginning of a recipe or sprinkled on at the end, and it showcases some of the incredible Indigenous ingredients, herbs, and spices that are abundantly available in this wonderful country.
Aussie Dukkah makes a great, long-life gift which is both delicious and an educational introduction to the Indigenous Australian world of ingredients. Get your taste buds educated, grab yourself some wonderful Indigenous herbs and spices. If your in-store searches come up short, there’s a handful of awesome online stores that can ship to you.
You can use this Aussie Dukkah as you would use any other, just like one of my favourite recipes, right here. Sprinkle it on salads and dip your bread into it, roll goats cheese balls in it, toss grilled meat through it! The lemon myrtle in this recipe makes it particularly well matched with robust seafoods!
- 150g Macadamia Nuts
- 100g Pistachio Nuts
- 100g Sesame Seeds
- 50g Coriander Seeds
- 10g Lemon Myrtle, ground
- 5g Native Pepperleaf, ground
- 10g Pink Salt
- Dry toast over a low heat in a large, heavy-based fry pan until fragrant, or approx. 20 minutes.
- Allow cooling.
- Blitz to a fine or medium crumb, be careful not to over blitz and form a paste.
- Place in airtight jars to use as you please.
- Leave out any nut, seed or herb you’re not a personal fan of and just increase the ones you do like.
- Use a mortar and pestle if you don’t have a food processor, or even a rolling pin if you’re really desperate!
- Hopefully, there is zero waste from this, but if you don’t think you’re going to use all of your dukkah before it goes stale, why not consider creating a poultry stuffing using it as the base. Or include it in your bread dough for a bit of variety, then freeze your individual slices!
Health and Lifestyle Notes
- Bulletproof friendly if you utilise mold free ingredients!
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free - Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly