Beef Brisket – A slow cooked meal to warm the heart!
One of the best ways to reduce time spent each night in the kitchen is to prepare a bunch on your weekends. And one of the best ways to do this is with slow-cooked meats, like this Beef Brisket! Considering there’s only about 1kg of meat you’ll quickly see just how economical this really is. It just goes so far.
Because it’s the last week of winter, I wanted to give you some tasty, hearty options. You can use this as a base in my Shepherd’s Pie, or as part of a salad at lunch. Paired with a hot mustard and my grain free bread, you could make a killer toastie.
Any way you have it, it’ll quickly become one of your family’s favourites too! Tip: Always reserve the cooking liquid. It’s full of nutrients and flavour, and can be used through out the week to make your sauces, stocks, and gravies!
- 1-1.5kg beef brisket
- 1L passata
- 1L homemade stock, or organic stock powder – no added salt
- 1tsp dried onion flakes
- 1tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Consider including onion, carrots, and celery
- Add fresh garlic for a stronger flavour
- If you want it a little richer, add in a small amount of stevia
- Add some quality red wine for a Mediterranean twist
- Add some bourbon for an American BBQ starter
- Swap out the pasta for more stock to further reduce fructose intake.
- Add cuisine specific herbs and spices to mix it up and keep things interesting when you make it next time!
- Chuck everything in a slow cooker for 8 hours on low, or 1 hour on high in a pressure cooker
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Paleo friendly
- Refined Sugar free