Oysters and Canapés: Spring Entertaining Time!
It is Spring! And therefore the beginning of my favourite season. There’s a slight chill in the air, baby animals are being born, the sun is shining, and magpies are about to begin swooping! I kid, that last part’s not fun. But what is fun, is surrounding yourself, and filling your home with your friends and family and doing some easy entertaining. Here are three of my favourite plates: sweet spicy oysters, and canapés!
The sweet and spicy oysters are an interesting start because they’re unexpected and full of flavour that will hit you in the face. Passionfruit and habanero are an exciting combination and will keep you ahead of the pack when it comes to the entertaining game. Your friends will be delighted!
A classic combo of anchovy, basil and tomato. Now you can have them on gluten free blinis! If you have been following me for a while, you’ll know how much I love beetroot and goat’s cheese. And now you can have it on a grain free seed cracker. YOU HANDMADE THAT!
Enjoy these canapé ideas, and enjoy raking in those compliments! You nailed it, easy entertaining!
- Passionfruit pulp
- 1 habanero, finely diced
- Halved roma or cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Seed Crackers
- Goats cheese
- Roast beetroot segments
- Use the blinis and seed crackers as your bases, and add whatever flavour combos you love!
- For the oyster topping, mix passionfruit pulp and diced habaneros and spoon on top of the oysters
- For the blinis, place ingredients on top
- For the seed crackers, goats cheese is easiest to control if you put it into a piping bag and squeeze it out
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free