Pesto Lamb Caprese Pizza
My Pesto Lamb Caprese Pizza makes gourmet cooking way too easy. With only a few ingredients and a hot oven, this lamb pizza could be on your table in 15minutes, and into your belly shortly after that. Now I know I’ve provided a pesto recipe here, freeze your pesto when basil is in abundance so that you have some of this green liquid gold ready to go for special occasions or in this case a fast mid-week meal. But… if you need to utilise store-bought, get the best you can with the least additives. What makes this pizza fast cooking is the thinly sliced lamb, lamb doesn’t have to be delegated a spot on your Sunday night roast which preparation could take all day and several hours cooking. Use a quick cut, slice it thinly, right cut, right technique and you’re eating delicious lamb in no time at all.
My Notes on Lamb Loin or Backstrap
- Fast and easy cooking, the whole piece can be ready in less than ten minutes seared all sides, rest for five, slice and serve!
- Very lean, for those concerned with saturated fat consumption, this is the cut of lamb for you.
- Great to seal all outsides, but leave this one rare to medium-rare, it can be very happily eaten blushing pink in the middle.
- This can be fried, grilled, barbecued, most fast methods of cooking! This cut of lamb could not be easier to cook!
- 200g Lamb, finely sliced (loin or backstrap)
- 1lge Pizza base, Gluten-free (or desired pre-made base)
- 100g Pesto (homemade if possible – prepare and freeze ahead of time for mid-week mojo – recipe below)
- 150g Baby mozzarella/ bocconcini
- 150g Large heirloom tomatoes, sliced thinly or cherry tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, to serve
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°
- Place base on a pizza stone and spread pesto evenly all over, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Evenly place tomato slices all over pizza ensuring topping in each slice.
- Toss lamb slices in salt and pepper then scatter evenly over pizza.
- Place bocconcini evenly over pizza.
- Place pizza on stone into the oven and bake for 12-15minutes, or until crust is browned, cheese has melted and lamb is just cooked.
- Scatter fresh basil all over for presentation.
- No refined sugar