The Best Grain Free Seed Crackers!
I love nothing more than a whole dinner feast full of different cheeses and crackers and dips. But as someone who is gluten and grain sensitive I’m often left struggling to find any decent options in supermarkets or stores. What I find is either they aren’t crisp enough. Or they’re too thin. Or they’re crumbly. So with that in mind, I’ve created perfect seed crackers! You can make them thick or thin. And there’s literally only seeds, water and salt involved! It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Consider making them in big batches and freezing them so that way you’re never stuck. If you’re doing some easy entertaining, you can top these bad boys and make canapés. I love them topped with beetroot and goat’s cheese! Or if you’re just needing a small snack when that 3:30-itis sets in…Grab your favourite hummus, or guac!
These seed crackers are great for those that are grain and gluten intolerant, sugar free, and those that have nut allergies. The whole family is covered!
- 50g Sunflower Seeds
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sesame Seeds
- 50g Poppy Seeds
- 50g Flaxseeds
- 50g Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt, additional to sprinkle
- 250g Water
- For the crackers, preheat oven to 160Degrees Celsius.
- Place all cracker ingredients in a bowl and stir through the water. Allow standing for 15-30 minutes while the chia and flax absorb the water and bind the mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a lined oven tray, aim for 3mm. they need to be strong enough to hold topping but still delicate. Sprinkle remaining salt evenly across cracker batter.
- Bake crackers for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into desired triangle or square shapes. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Allow cooling and set aside.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Refined sugar free
- Sugar free
- Dairy free