Vegan Mousse with Tangelo
Vegan Mousse with Tangelo
Vegan Mousse I here you say?! Yes, it’s true! And… with Vegan Jellies too! With a hint or three of citrus and spice and all things nice!
For all you vegans out there, this is for you! For all you non-vegans that think they ‘couldn’t possibly’, you should try this! And for those of you who like to tease, make fun of or laugh at vegans – you should shut your mouth, with this dessert, and swallow hard because everyone deserves dessert!!! Right, let’s get into it!
As per usual, gluten free, grain free and refined sugar-free, this dessert may actually be too good, to be true! For other intolerant friendly desserts check out my Valentine’s Day entry.
Recipe Vegan Mousse with Tangelo
Vegan Mousse Ingredients
- 250g Avocado flesh
- 50 Raw cacao powder
- 100g Coconut cream
- 1tsp Vanilla bean paste or 1 Vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Powdered monkfruit or stevia, to taste
- Pink salt, to taste
- Blitz avocado, cacao, coconut and vanilla in a high powered food processor or blender until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- Add 1 tsp sweetener and 1 pinch of salt, blitz for 10-30 seconds or until just combined.
- Adjust salt and sweetener to taste.
- Chill mixture in an airtight container for at least an hour before serving.
Tangelo Jelly Ingredients
- 300g Tangelo juice strained (reserve zest)
- 5g Agar agar powder
- Place agar and juice in a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil while whisking regularly.
- Once the mixture has come to the boil, remove from heat and pour into the double glad wrap lined, square based tin.
- Agar sets at room temperature, on the bench top for instance. If you’re not using straight away, cover and refrigerate.
- Turn out jelly and cut carefully into jelly cubes for serving.
Spiced Zesty Crumb Ingredients
- 1tsp Star anise, ground
- 400g Almond meal
- 75g Coconut oil
- 25g Powdered monkfruit or stevia
- 2tsp Tangelo zest, from reserve
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a coarse crumb.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and into the oven until just golden or approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break up crumb using a fork and return to oven until golden and crisp, approx. 5 more minutes.
- Allow cooling and adjust salt if necessary.
Jaffa Truffle Ingredients
- 100g Raw Cocoa Butter
- 25g Coconut Oil
- 25g Cocoa Powder, extra for dusting
- 10g Stevia or Monkfruit, to taste
- 2drops Orange essential oil, to taste
- Pink salt, to taste and optional
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil.
- While in liquid form, very quickly combine with remaining ingredients.
- Once brought down to room temperature, or cool enough to touch, roll mixture into balls.
- Upon further cooling, roll balls into extra cacao powder.
Additional/ Optional Decorative Ingredients
- Tangello segments
- Edible yellow or orange flowers
You could easily use tangerines, mandarins or oranges for this as, well instead of tangelos! They all kind of mimic what we love so hard about ‘jaffas’!
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly