Cute Christmas Cakes
Christmas or fruit cakes often take quite a long time to prepare, but not this one! This one is quick, easy, and comes in slightly larger bite size portions – how convenient. Cute Christmas Cakes, if you will, ready in under 30minutes.
- 150g almond meal
- 300g mixed dried fruit (your choice), dicked and soaked in 150ml orange juice for 1-12hours
- 10g ground cinnamon
- 10g ginger, ground
- 5g cardamom, ground
- 5g cloves, ground
- 5g nutmeg, ground
- 1tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
- 50g tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3lge organic eggs
- Slivered almonds on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line muffin trays.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop a spoonful at a time into the lined muffin trays evenly distributing. Quantity will make 6 large cakes or 12 small. Press into the top the slivered almonds if using.
- Bake for 20minutes or until golden on top and bounces back when touched.
- Serve warm with custard.
- To make this recipe vegan: replace eggs with 50g Flaxmeal soaked in 50g water or orange juice, 50g Chia Seeds in 50g water or orange juice and 5g Xantham Gum.
Health and Lifestyle Notes
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free