Salmon Salad – Lunchtime Adventures
A delicious Salmon Salad really does hit the spot. The good fats in the salmon provide a slow energy release, have a great mouthfeel and really round just about any combination of vegetables together, beautifully. This may not be the combination of vegetables you most recognise to pair with salmon, so why not give these a go – or any of your favourites for that matter – you’ll get the hang of these adventure lunchtimes in no time!
As a reminder, if you want to connect with your colleagues over a lunch break, make a Salmon Salad together or try out these others.
Lunchtime Adventures Ideas:
- Collaborative Cuisine (or a way funkier name for your faculty or department) – each person in your office brings an ingredient and one person per day makes everyone salads utilizing those ingredients.
- Family Build-A-Box – steam a little extra, chop a little extra, roast a little extra; buy and prep a little extra of all your separate ingredients for easy lunchbox assembly throughout the week, with enough variety to keep it interesting.
- Jar Salads – you’ve seen them before, so just do them! Put your heaviest and wettest ingredients at the bottom so when you turn it onto a plate, it’s already dressed, but not limp or soggy, because eww!
- Survival Kit Salads – keep some handy and super convenient, ready-to-go tins and jars of nutrient dense, flavour and texture-rich beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, and dukkah. Some emergency tuna in your desk drawer perhaps, for when those pesky meetings run overtime etc. Don’t skip the meal; just make it a little quicker than usual.
- Pot Luck Lunch – everyone brings their best dish to share with everyone else, simple is good, but be brave and try something new and, depending on the number of your staff, you could maybe just rotate a roster!
Quantities as desired, go approximately100g on the protein and heavy on the greens.
Adjust quantities for your individual energy requirements.
- Sweet potato, steamed
- Asparagus, steamed
- Spanish onion
- Broad Beans, boiled, double-shelled
- Salmon, steamed
- Mung beans
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free - Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Ketogenic Friendly