Breakfast for Dessert
Breakfast for Dessert, or Dessert for Breakfast – You choose!
The best thing about this Breakfast for Dessert Recipe is that you can have each element prepared well in advance. This means that you can have dessert ready in under a minute whenever you feel like. Or perhaps when guests arrive unannounced. It may be after a long dinner, that has moved on to the couch in front of a movie.
The frozen yoghurt can remain in the freezer. The granola lasts in an airtight container for weeks. You could easily use frozen berries if fresh berries are unavailable or out of season! The yoghurt and berries have a naturally occurring low sugar content. But because of the other protein and good-fat rich ingredients, this dessert shouldn’t have a disastrous effect on your blood sugars!
Desserts don’t get much more simple, satisfying, semi-sweet, and most of all minimal-effort, than this Breakfast for Dessert recipe! I’d love to hear about all your recreations, tag me in your dishes on social media!
Some of you may even all have my Game-Changing Granola sitting in your cupboard, just waiting to be prettied up for this dish!
Frozen Yoghurt Ingredients
- 1kg Greek yoghurt, drained through muslin overnight
- 1tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1tbsp Stevia and/or Monkfruit
- Thoroughly combine the vanilla and sweetener with the strained Greek yoghurt.
- Churn in ice cream churner for 20-45minutes depending on your machine.
- Serve immediately or freeze until serving.
Raw Chocolate Berry Truffles Ingredients
- 100g Raw Cocoa Butter
- 25g Coconut Oil
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 10g Stevia or Monkfruit, to taste
- 10g Berry Powder, additional to roll balls in
- Pink salt, to taste and optional
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil.
- While in liquid form, very quickly combine with remaining ingredients.
- Once brought down to room temperature, or cool enough to touch, roll mixture into balls.
- Upon further cooling, roll balls into extra berry powder to add colour, texture, and flavour.
Additional/ Optional Decorative Ingredients
- Pomegranate jewels
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate Shavings
- Edible flowers
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Ketogenic Friendly