Poke Bowls – Lunchtime Adventures
Poke Bowls are everywhere at the moment and with good reason – they’re delicious, satisfying, energising, light, refreshing, full of flavour and texture and tend to look pretty gorgeous! Here is a Poke inspired Bowl that you can totally build yourself in a few short steps!
As a reminder, if you want to connect with your colleagues over a lunch break, make Poke Bowls together or try out these others.
Lunchtime Adventures Ideas:
- Collaborative Cuisine (or a way funkier name for your faculty or department) – each person in your office brings an ingredient and one person per day makes everyone salads utilizing those ingredients.
- Family Build-A-Box – steam a little extra, chop a little extra, roast a little extra; buy and prep a little extra of all your separate ingredients for easy lunchbox assembly throughout the week, with enough variety to keep it interesting.
- Jar Salads – you’ve seen them before, so just do them! Put your heaviest and wettest ingredients at the bottom so when you turn it onto a plate, it’s already dressed, but not limp or soggy, because eww!
- Survival Kit Salads – keep some handy and super convenient, ready-to-go tins and jars of nutrient dense, flavour and texture-rich beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, and dukkah. Some emergency tuna in your desk drawer perhaps, for when those pesky meetings run overtime etc. Don’t skip the meal; just make it a little quicker than usual.
- Pot Luck Lunch – everyone brings their best dish to share with everyone else, simple is good, but be brave and try something new and, depending on the number of your staff, you could maybe just rotate a roster!
Poke Bowl – Recipe
Quantities as desired, go approximately100g on the protein and heavy on the greens.
Adjust quantities for your individual energy requirements.
- Snow pea sprouts
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Red onion
- Yuzu semi-cured salmon
- Sesame seeds
- Pickled ginger
- Edible flowers
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free